The Mares Scuba Explorer BCD is designed for juniors taking their first steps into the magical world of scuba diving! The Scuba Explorer has a classic bladder air-cell enveloping diver on the sides and back. High lift capacity and very comfortable position on the surface characterize this bladder design. The BCD provides 18 lbs (8.3kg) of lift and is lightweight coming in at 3.9 lbs (1.8kg). Accessory attachment and storage are made easy with the two heavy-duty techno-polymer D-rings and dual hook and loop closure pockets. There are also a specially designed octopus and gauge console pockets to keep your youths gear and the environment safe while diving.
BCD comes standard with 3 pull-dump/overpressure relief valves, one incorporated into the top of the Ergo Inflator; one located on the right shoulder and a third is located on the rear lower right. Activation of the valves are made easy with both the upper and lower right valves coming with pull cords and the valve incorporated into the Ergo Inflator is activated by an internal cable attached to the inflator mechanism. Inflator includes a 3/8″ threaded low pressure quick disconnect hose. BCD is made from durable 420 Cordura nylon fabric with a urethane internal laminate with radio frequency (RF) welded seams for air-tight integrity.
Shoulder straps, adjustable chest strap and a waist strap are all equipped with squeeze-style side-release buckles that along with the adjustable cummerbund provide a custom fit and ease of donning/doffing. The BCD has a dedicated backpack, adaptable shorter tank band to fit smaller cylinder diameters and excepts optional trim weigh pockets that can be placed on the tank band. BCD is designed as one size fits all for ages 8 to 12 years.
Mares Scuba BCD Mares Ranger Features
- Scuba Explorer BCD:
- Designed for Junior Divers
- Provides First Steps into Magical World of Scuba Diving!
- One Size Fits All for Ages 8 to 12 Years
- Classic Jacket Style Bladder Air-Cell: Envelopes Diver On-Sides & Back
- High Lift Capacity & Comfortable Position On-the-Surface
- Provides 18 lbs (8.3kg) of Lift
- Two Heavy-Duty Techno-Polymer D-Rings
- Dual Hook & Loop Closure Pockets
- Specially Designed Octopus & Gauge Console Pockets
- Octopus & Gauge Console Pockets: Keeps Gear & Environment Safe from Damage
- Air Cell: Durable Cordura 420 Nylon w/Polyurethane Laminated Interior
- Torso Adjustable Shoulder Straps
- Adjustable Chest Strap
- Waist Strap w/Adjustable Cummerbund
- All Straps Equipped w/Squeeze-Style Side Quick-Release Buckles
- Ease of Donning & Doffing
- Buoyancy Control: Ergo Inflator & 2 Rear Quick-Dump/Over-Pressure Relief Valves
- Ergo: Standard Inflation/Deflation Control Unit On-Mares BCD’s
- 3/8″ Threaded Low Pressure Quick-Disconnect Hose
- Dedicated Backpack, Adaptable Shorter Tank Band Fits Smaller Cylinder Diameters
- Optional Trim Weigh Pockets Available
- Weight: 3.9 lbs (1.8kg)