The Mares EOS 5RZ is an easy to use and great value torch which is compact, powerful and great underwater. The EOS 5RZ is the mid-level torch in the range and is capable of 503 lumens brightness which is adjustable to lower levels by just pushing the simply magnetic switch on the torch.
If you’re into underwater photography then the Mares EOS 5RZ is perfect as by simply pushing the head of the torch you can adjust the beam angle from a wide to narrow beam (75 degrees wide beam – 12 degrees narrow beam). This really is an incredibly well thought out dive torch and can be used with thick dive gloves on as there are no fiddly buttons to push.
If you use this Mares torch on full power (503 lumens) you will get 105 minutes which is a great amount of time to be using 503 lumens. You can dive as deep as 120 meters down into the ocean. This torch is also includes a rechargeable battery and can be recharged in just 4 hours and 30 minutes using the USB cable which is included in the box. The 503 lumen is produced from Cree XP-G2 LED Chip and gives a clean bright light. It features a LED indicator, which signals when the charge is complete. This torch is comfortable to hold and can be used with one-hand thanks to the design with a tubular handle, this is an important feature which divers appreciate.
- 503 Lumens – This torch gives out a maximum of 503 lumens which is an amazing amount of light which can be used to light up your dive. The amount of light can be changed from 0 to 503 lumens. This is a great amount of light for a back up torch.
- Adjustable Focus – The head can let you adjust the beam from 12 degrees to 75 degrees so you can either illuminate a whole scene evenly or focus all of the light on an object whilst diving. The focus can be adjusted during the dive by a simple rotation. It allows for a change in the light beam between 12 degrees and 75 degrees.
- Burn Time – The burn time for this torch varies due to the different settings. The burn times are 105 minutes (High setting – 503 lumens), 270 minutes (Low setting – 165 lumens) and 220 minutes (Flash/SOS setting).
- Tubular Handle – This torch is easy to hold in one hand due to its tubular design, the tubular handle lets this torch fit perfectly comfortable in the divers hand.
- Adjustable Power – The magnetic switch changes the amount of light that comes out of the torch from 100%, down to 50%, and an emergency strobe function. So while you have the option to use the full 503 lumens you can save battery life by changing the amount of light needed, this can easily be adjusted.
- Rechargeable Battery – The EOS 5RZ has a removable rechargeable battery that you can change from inside the torch from a USB cable, so you don’t have to keep buying batteries.
- LED Charge Indicator – The Mares EOS 5RZ Torch includes a LED charge indicator which lets you know when the torch needs charging, and when on charge the LED lets you know when the battery is fully charged.
- Bulb – 1 Cree XP-G2 LED Chip.