The Prestige is a mid-size octopus with a stylish design, strengthened by technology to give steady, natural and effortless breathing. All Mares second stages are a reliable downstream valve design and offer the unique patented Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) system. The air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low-pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
Furthermore, the compact and ergonomic exhaust tee ensures superior hydrodynamic performance and reduced exhalation resistance. The mouthpiece is made of soft hypoallergenic silicone: limiting jaw fatigue and offering a secure fit even after very long dives. Mares Octopus Prestige incorporates the Fluid Dynamic Deflector, developed after in-depth studies and tests of fluid dynamics, is engineered to receive and properly direct the airflow from the bypass tube to the mouthpiece. Combined with the VAD system it delivers very natural and effortless breathing. Mares developed the Superflex hose after many years of testing and research. The results achieved far surpassed the tests required by EN250. Hose is extremely light weight and exceptionally soft, guaranteeing the maximum freedom of movement and further reducing jaw fatigue. The regulator comes with a high visibility yellow cover and Superflex hose that is a 3/8″ threaded high flow hose and is 39.4″ (100 cm) in length. The regulators total weight is 13.33 oz. (378 g).
- Noncorrosive Techno-Polymer Housing
- Mid-SizeOctopuswith Stylish Design
- Strengthened by Technology to Give Steady, Natural and Effortless Breathing
- Lightweight Techno Polymer Housing
- Compact Exhaust Tee: Superior Hydrodynamic Performance & Reduced Exhalation Resistance
- Vortex Assist Design (V.A.D.) System
Air Bypass Tube Conveys Air to Mouthpiece Creating Swirling Vortex
Low-Pressure Area Center Keeps Diaphragm Down During Inhalation
Very Sensitive and Easy Breathing At-All-Depths
- Fluid Dynamic Deflector: Direct Airflow from Bypass Tube to Mouthpiece
- 39.4″ (100 cm) Superflex Hose with 3/8″ Threads
- Soft Hypoallergenic Silicone Mouthpiece
- Dependable Downstream Valve Design
- Weight: 13.33 oz. (378 g), w/Hose